Saturday, January 2, 2010

What Now? Read of course!

This December I graduated from CSU with my Bachelors degree in English. After all the hype has died down from this happy occasion and the Holiday season, I find myself thinking 'what shall I do now'? I will not be venturing on in the world of academia until this fall. That means I have more than half of a year to work at this wonderful bookstore and pursue whatever activities I find interesting. I have thought of doing numerous things with my time off, but the thing I want to do most is READ. I did read quite a bit for class, but we all know that reading for class and reading for pleasure are not the same thing. So... here is my reading list for this winter, spring and fall:

The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood
Cave in the Snow by Vicki MacKenzie
Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind
The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan
Wishin and Hopin by Wally Lamb
The Hour I first Believed by Wally Lamb
Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon

This is an extremely short list. If you have any book suggestions please leave a comment. Please remember to shop at your local, independently owned bookstore. Thank you for reading and have a Happy New Year.

No comments: